Deel deze blog met uw sociaal netwerk !

Bookmark and Share

zondag 22 maart 2009

I wandered lonely as a cloud - William Wordsworth

I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd -
A host of dancing daffodils:
Along the lake, beneath the trees,
Ten thousand dancing in the breeze.

The waves beside them danced, but they
Outdid thesparkling waves in glee;
A poet could not but be gay
In such a laughing company.
I gazed - and gazed - but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought.

For oft when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.

1 opmerking:

  1. Volgens mij klopt de tekst niet helemaal... maar het blijft een prachtig gedicht!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen